Headteachers who are new to North Yorkshire come together to consider skills and expertise needed to lead a primary school in a rapidly changing system. There will be workshops, discussions and case studies with a visit from a recently appointed headteacher in their second or third year to offer support and advice.
A two day residential conference for new headteachers in North Yorkshire
- Welcome to Headship in North Yorkshire - Andy Lancashire Principal Advisor North Yorkshire
- Leadership with impact
- Time management
- Time to lead
- Leading a team
- Working with and developing others
- Roles and responsibilities
- Case study of the leadership journey of an experienced headteachers
- Case study of the leadership journey of a recently appointed headteacher
- Leadership that ensures effective impact - What does evidence tell us?
- Working with governors
- Health and safety
- Leading teaching and learning
- Establishing an effective assessment model
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Developing your self evaluation
- What are the different approaches and models for peer evaluation?
FACITLITATORS: Don Parker and Andy Lancashire
DATES: 17th - 18th November OR 23rd - 24th March Fairfield Manor, York
BOOK HERE for 23rd-24th March 2017 Fairfield Manor, York